2009/11/24

Captain Beefheart - Captain Hook ('74-'77)



Song list:
  1. Mirror Man
  2. Upon The My-Oh-My
  3. Crazy Little Things
  4. Full Moon Hot Sun
  5. Sugar Bowl
  6. This Is The Day
  7. Keep On Rubbing
  8. Be Your Dog
  9. Sweet Georgia Brown
  10. Abba Zaba
  11. Peaches
  12. Sam with the scalp showing flat top
  13. Grow Fins
Tracks 1-11: recorded at Cowtown, Kansas City 22nd April 1974
Track 12: recorded May 1975
Track 13: recorded 1977

A huge gem in Beefheart's bootleg discography.

When I see mommy I feel like a mummy.



Notes from beefheart.com:

This is the excellent quality FM broadcast Cowtown show that was also booted as 'Crazy Little Things'. However it does also include a version of 'Sam with the showing scalp...' from a May 1975 Bongo Fury tour show and a great 'Grow Fins' from an unknown venue in 1977. Both 'Sam' and 'Fins' sound as if they were dubbed from vinyl - 'Sam' could well be from the Los Botas Graciosas Marchan Polonia boot.



Browse Captain Beefheart Official Studio Albums Discography by clicking here.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have a manufactured copy myself (I prefer that term over 'silver'--which is misleading, my CD-Rs are silver) and it's a fine one.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online